I have joined the Mobile Photography Seminar sponsored by Smart. There were two speakers on that day, Mr. Froilan Gallardo and Mr. Fourth Legara.
Sir Froilan Gallardo talked about Composition and the Language of the Image. According to Sir Froilan there should be a center of interest, that one principal idea or topic to which the viewer’s eye are attracted. He also talked about the exemptions, the rule of thirds, the balancing elements, among other things. But one thing that he said that I will never forget is that “You should shoot from the heart”.
Sir Fourth Legara’s topic was about Mobile Photography. Everyone is a photographer because almost everyone owns a cellphone with a built-in camera. According to Sir Fourth if you want to have that beautiful photo by using your camera phones you can try these tricks : exaggerate, get the best angle, get closer to the subject, use different filters and pray and be patient. I can get some good photos by just using my camera phone but when Sir Fourth talked about his topic, I was caught off guard because android phones have better settings compared to my iPhone. They have so many settings that their android phones can be compared to digital cameras already.
THEME – The Live All Out CDO Mobile Photography Contest will be all about the Kagay-anon spirit this August, with a fun-filled City Fiesta as the overall theme.
Categories can include any of the following:
- Kagay-an Festival – Street Dance, Fluvial Parade, Fireworks Display, etc.
- I CDO – what you love about our City
- Kagay-anon Foodscapes – the story behind local delicacies and foodie favorites
- Live All Out CDO – celebrating the “LiveAllOut” event experience
- Higalaay selfie – share your selfies wearing the official Higalaay shirt
WHO CAN JOIN
- Participants must register using a Smart mobile number.
- Participants must have android, IOS or windows mobile phones.
- SMART employees are restricted from participating in the contest.
PHOTO CONTEST RULES
1. All photos must be taken within the Higalaay Festival period: August 13 to 28, 2014. Photos showing incorrect time /date will be disqualified.
2. Only photos taken using mobile phone cameras will be accepted. Transfer of photos from digital cameras to their smart phones is not allowed.
3. No printed photos will be accepted.
4. Photo entries must not have watermarks.
5. Photos that have been entered in previous contests will no longer be accepted.
6. All editing must be done with the mobile phone. All photos should be in color (no black & white or monochrome, no sepia).
7. By joining, participants signify that they have the rights to the photo. The photographer also gives Smart Communications, Inc. the right to use the photo entry for materials related to the photo contest and the Festival.
8. Deadline for submission is on August 28, 11:59PM.
9. Top photographers will be notified via email and will be asked to submit original copies of the photo.
CRITERIA FOR JUDGING
- Visual Impact 30%
- Ability to grab the viewers’ attention, wow factor
- Theme 30%
- Relevance to the over-all theme, message of the photo
- Creativity/Composition/Originality 20%
- Concept, incorporating unique and original point of view, interesting techniques
- Technical Excellence 20%
- Photo Quality, Sharpness, Exposure, Clarity of objects
- Grand prize: Nokia Lumia 1020
- 2nd prize: Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 Camera
- 3rd prize: Camera accessories
- Special prizes will also be given to the Top 10 best photos and the best photos for each category
Higalaay: Kagay-an Festival 2014 Schedule
- Kumbira (August 13 to 15, 2014 at the Limketkai Mall Atrium)
- Kagay-an Festival Marathon (August 17, 2014 at Centrio Mall)
- Cowboy Festival (August 22 to 24, at Roa Property, P.N. Roa Avenue)
- Kahimunan Northern Mindanao 2014 (August 23 to 30 at SM City CDO)
- Miss Cagayan de Oro 2014 Coronation Night (August 23 at Limketkai Center Atrium)
- Street Dancing: Cagayan de Oro Carnival (August 24 2 p.m.)
- P.E. Rhythmic Dance Competition (August 25 at Pelaez Sports Center 7 a.m.)
- Kagay-an Pyro Festival (August 25, 9 p.m. at SM City)
- Higalas Parade (August 27 from Rodelsa Circle to Limketkai Center)
- Religious procession (August 28, 6 a.m. at St. Augustine Cathedral)
- Fluvial Parade (August 28, 10 a.m. from Macabalan to Duaw Kagay-an Park
Nothing says happy birthday like a fun-filled party with friends, delicious food, exciting games and surprises. Now, mommies and daddies can make their little princesses’ special day even more memorable with a Hello Kitty-themed Jollibee Kids Party.
The birthday girl and her guests will surely be tickled pink by the special Hello Kitty birthday cake, as well as the party hats, loot bags, invitations and other awesome party favors featuring the beloved cartoon character. Parents can make the celebration even more festive with colorful balloons, decorations and game prizes, plus a special appearance by the lovable Jollibee.
We were invited by Jollibee to celebrate a Purr-fect Hello Kitty-themed Jollibee Kids Party and we enjoyed it. I have booked 3 Jollibee Kids party for the last 5 years but Hello Kitty wasn’t available at that time. Jollibee Kids Party offers other fun themes aside from Hello Kitty.
Celebrate with Hello Kitty and book a Jollibee Kids Party for your kid now, visit your nearest Jollibee Store or log on to www.jollibeeparty.com.ph for more details.
Here are some of the photos we had during the Hello Kitty Birthday Party.